Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Vintage Album Cover Notebooks Are Awesome!


Sometimes I come across something that is so absolutely fantabulous that I just 
have to share it with you! This happened recently, when I came across John & Jill's
Etsy shop Records And Stuff while perusing Etsy for some music themed items. 

The first thing that caught my eye was a notebook whose cover was made from an 
old Led Zeppelin IV album. Awesome! Since my daughter Erica  (aged 10 soon to be 11) 
plays guitar, goes to School Of Rock, and is a Zeppelin fan, I thought of her right away, thinking this would be a great musical journal for her to use for her guitar lessons 
and would just be the perfect place for her to write her musical thoughts and ideas. 
She was thrilled when I gave her the notebook, whose inside featured the album
 insert along with the song lyrics from the album. What a great gift! 

front cover



back cover



inside the cover



page made from the record sleeve



lyrics from the record sleeve - after this page is a full lined notebook


As soon as I saw Erica's notebook, I knew I needed one for myself! Back to Records
And Stuff I went, and was happy to find the Heart Dog & Butterfly and Fleetwood Mac
Rumors album cover notebooks. Sold! 

I'm using the Heart notebook as a jewelry journal, where I'm keeping notes
 and sketches while I write my jewelry book for North Light. The Fleetwood Mac 
one will be going to my best friend Nikki, who is a lifelong Fleetwood Mac fan. 

Well played John & Jill! Love your stuff! 





What do you think?



I hope you have a great week 
Love, Laura


My broken china jewelry is always available for purchase at https://www.etsy.com/shop/dishfunctionldesigns